The RADV (Ride Against Domestic Violence) is an annual charity cycling event from Busselton in WA’s South West to Perth.
In 2018, the third year of operation, the event will leave Busselton on Saturday and finish in Perth a day later.
Deputy Premier Roger Cook MLA and Tony Buti MLA will lead the ride comprised of eight teams, of four riders each, joined by leading Perth business people, employee representatives, union officials, professional athletes and other support riders in order to;
- raise money for seven women’s refugees from Busselton to Perth,
- increase awareness of the issue of family and domestic violence,
- assist with funding preventive programs in the area of family and domestic violence.
All Net Profits from the RADV2018 will be donated equally to the seven nominated refuges along the route.
RADV is an event of PVAW (Preventing Violence Against Women).
PVAW believe that:
- until focus, energy and resources are directed to PREVENTING violence against women, supporting abused women and their children will be ongoing;
- we are ALL responsible for community change; and
- for long term sustainable change we need all members of the community to take an active part grassroots committed people, “L”eaders, prevention services and support services.
For more information about PVAW please visit: https://www.pvaw.com.au/